The Pupil Services Department is responsible for providing resources, programs, and services to students and families living in the Rice Lake Area. Many of the resources, programs, and services provided for our students and families are required by various state and federal laws. All services and programs are an extension of the Rice Lake Area School District's academic program and were developed to assure that all students have equal access to a rigorous curriculum. The following are just a few of the many exciting happenings in the Rice Lake Area School District.
- The Department is fortunate to have dedicated proactive faculty and service providers. The Rice Lake Area School District's S.U.C.C.E.S.S. program will offer students a blended educational experience in an alternative setting. The community based alternative program will allow for students to develop meaningful relationships with businesses and community members as well as access to a competitive virtual education curriculum.
- The Connections porgram is a home-based education program. It is an option for Rice Lake Area School District (RLASD) students and their families who choose to be educated at home or open enroll to other school district's virtual education programs. The program offeres a variety of courses online, various curricula that align with Wisconsin State Standards, technology support, and access to district courses, resources, and programs.
- Our school nurses have revised, and the Board of Education has approved, all District health related policies. They are also responsible for having every District building equipped with an AED and coordinated CPR/First Aid training for all staff as part of the District’s professional development plan.
- As part of the District's Response to Intervention initiative, the school psychologists have been instrumental in establishing problem solving teams/student assistance teams in all District schools. The team members include classroom teachers, counselors, nurses, administrators, and various service providers. Together they develop and implement interventions designed to help individual students achieve their maximum potential.
- A comprehensive school safety initiative has provided the urgency for implementing a school and community character education program, revision of all District safety related policies, and the establishment of an inter-agency safety team. With the assistance of the Rice Lake Police Department, the Rice Lake Area School District was able to secure additional funding to offset the cost of implementing surveillance cameras and keyless door entries.
If you have any questions or would like additional information related to the Pupil Service Department, please contact Nancy Chartier, Director of Learning at 234-9007, x 5001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Together we can make a difference in the lives of our children!